phone 0800 011 3200
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
chat service

Care at home Get private home care

Get private home care

Get private home care

Contact a home care provider or agency if you want to arrange your own private home care.

If you haven't been assessed as needing home care as part of an assessment of your care needs, you'll have to pay the full cost of any services you arrange.

The Care Inspectorate has a Find a care service list of its registered home care providers. All services are regularly inspected and the inspection reports are part of this list too.

The information was last updated on: 24th May 2017


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here.

Scottish Government Scottish NHS