Care home costs
All care homes charge care home fees. Most people need to contribute something towards the cost of their care.
What you should think about:
- Can I still get help if I have savings?
- What happens to my home?
- What about my personal and nursing care?
- What type of contract do I need?
- What rate will I have to pay?
- Can my relatives be charged for my care home fees?
- Can I keep some of my income for personal items?
- What if I choose a care home that charges more than the local council will pay?
- Does my home count as part of my capital?
- What if I give my house to a relative?
- Can I postpone selling my house to pay my fees?
Read more on care home costs
The information was last updated on: 27th August 2020