phone 0800 011 3200
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
chat service

Carers' health and wellbeing Support



There are a range of statutory and community supports out there for unpaid carers and young carers across Scotland. Find out more on support for carers.

You can also ask others you know to help you. Many people may want to help but don't know how best to offer assistance. Give people specific tasks and times that you need them to help.

If you are unable to provide essential care for someone and family and friends are unable to help, you should contact your local social work department.

The information was last updated on: 12th November 2020


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here.

Scottish Government Scottish NHS