phone 0800 011 3200
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
chat service

Coming out of hospital Community care services

Community care services

Community care services

Your local council's social care department can provide a range of services to support you, and your carer, to stay at home.

They will decide which services are required, subject to local eligibility criteria.

The support available and the costs vary in different areas of Scotland.

If you prefer, either yourself, a member of your family or a carer can organise the care you need by using self-directed support.

Help with domestic tasks should be taken into account within the assessment.

The following are some examples of services that may be available:

There may be financial costs for the services provided, but you may qualify for financial help and benefits.

This should be discussed with your social worker during the assessment.

The information was last updated on: 24th May 2017


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here.

Scottish Government Scottish NHS