phone 0800 011 3200
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
chat service

Coming out of hospital Complaints



If there is a disagreement with a decision about the NHS discharge arrangements, you can use the NHS complaints procedure.

The guidance states that someone must make a complaint within 6 months of the decision being given to the patient, or within 6 months of the patient being aware that they had a reason to complain.

Citizens Advice Scotland's Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) can help with complaints.

The information was last updated on: 25th August 2020


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here.

Scottish Government Scottish NHS