phone 0800 011 3200
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
chat service

Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS)

Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS)
The Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS) is provided by Citizens Advice Bureaux in Scotland.

PASS is an independent service, giving free, confidential information, advice and support to anyone who uses the NHS in Scotland. It aims to support patients, their carers and families in their dealings with the NHS and in other matters affecting their health.

Specialist advisers can:

  • support you if you're going to a meeting
  • help you write letters and make phone calls
  • help you access your medical and clinical records
  • help you find health services and social care
  • help you access the treatment, care and support you need
  • help you understand your rights and responsibilities as a patient

You can access this service from any Citizens Advice Bureau in Scotland. Visit Patient Advice and Support Service (PASS), Citizens Advice Scotland to find your local office or phone 0800 917 2127. Please contact the service if:

  • you need information, advice or support to give feedback or comments, raise concerns or make complaints about the healthcare you have received from the NHS
  • you'd like to know more about your rights and responsibilities as a patient

Further information

Citizens Advice Scotland provide free and confidential advice and information - whoever you are and whatever your problem. You might want to ask about:

  • benefits
  • debt and money advice
  • consumer issues
  • work-related problems
  • housing
  • relationships

Read more on NHS inform.

The information was last updated on: 15th January 2019


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here.

Scottish Government Scottish NHS