phone 0800 011 3200
Our phone service is temporarily suspended as our teams are supporting the management of the coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline
chat service

Deprivation of capital Challenging council decisions

Challenging council decisions

Challenging council decisions

You can challenge a decision by the council not to fund care home fees due to deprivation of capital by using the council's complaints procedure.

The complaints process will have 2 parts:

  • an informal problem-solving stage when every attempt will be made to resolve your complaint
  • unresolved complaints will then be investigated by specially designated staff

If you're not satisfied with the outcome of the complaints procedure, raise your complaint with the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman.

See more on complaints about care home funding decisions.

Judicial review

If you think that a decision was made without properly following the law, you can apply to the courts for a judicial review using the help of a solicitor.

See more on legal advice.

The information was last updated on: 16th January 2019


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here...

Scottish Government Scottish NHS