phone 0800 011 3200
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
chat service

Care Inspectorate - how care is regulated Complaints



The Care Inspectorate investigates complaints about registered care services. If you're not happy about something and the care service hasn't been able to help resolve it, the Care Inspectorate may be able to. You can register your complaint online, in writing, or give them a call on 0345 600 9527.

You don't have to give your name when making a complaint if you don't want to.

The Care Inspectorate can't investigate complaints about local council social work departments. If you want to make such a complaint, contact the local council and ask about their complaints procedure.

The information was last updated on: 24th May 2017


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here.

Scottish Government Scottish NHS