phone 0800 011 3200
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
chat service

Power of attorney Paying for a power of attorney

Paying for a power of attorney

Paying for a power of attorney

There is financial help available for the legal costs involved with a solicitor. This is called legal 'advice and assistance'.

The Scottish Legal Aid Board has information on eligibility and can help you find a 'legal aid' solicitor if you qualify. The Public Guardian charges a registration fee, however there are certain circumstances where you might be entitled to apply for a fee exemption.

The information was last updated on: 15th January 2019


How could we improve this website or this page? Please tell us your thoughts.

Find my council

Most care services are coordinated through regional councils and...further text to explain the importance of council and care serve provision/funding.

Find my council

You can contact your local council's social care department for a free assessment. Find their details here.

Scottish Government Scottish NHS